Boris H. Nolting
“Media, IT and intellectual property rights – in these areas, there are daily new legal challenges that I accept for my clients.”
Expertise and activity
Boris Nolting is the responsible partner for the departments Media Law and IT Law. Especially for commercial clients he accompanies IT projects. One focus is on the design and testing of software license agreements. In addition, lawyer Nolting has expertise in data protection law and Internet law. In the field of e-commerce, he manages online retailers and Internet service providers with regard to the legal requirements for their Internet presence, e.g. with individual terms and conditions.
Boris Nolting’s work in media law and copyright ranges from classic press law, photo and film law to supervision in multi-media and social media law. He also protects the good reputation of companies and individuals through effective legal reputation management. Another area of expertise of Rechtsanwalt Nolting is intellectual property – from trademark law to competition law (UWG).
Attorney at Law Nolting completed his law studies and media and communication studies at the Georg-August University of Göttingen and the Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane / Australia) with a focus on private and public media law. The two-year legal traineeship took him to Hamburg and Cologne, where he completed an apprenticeship at the EMI Music Group, before being taken over by Sony and Universal Music Group. After further stations with the public prosecutor’s office, the Hamburg-Harburg administration and the Higher Regional Court of Celle, lawyer Nolting initially worked for a trans-regional law firm in Hamburg. There he handled media law issues of clients who were only insurers.
Then lawyer Nolting joined as a partner of ELBKANZLEI Hamburg and was parallel managing director of NPP Legal GmbH Niethammer, Posewang & Partner in Hamburg. He has also been a lecturer at the Cyber Law Clinic since 2014. This is an institution convened by the Law Faculty in Hamburg, where Mr. Nolting teaches students in matters of “media law” and answers questions to those seeking advice.
Before joining SBS Legal, lawyer Boris Nolting worked for the law firm Rose and Partner LLP. As a responsible partner, the departments Media Law and IT Law operate in the offices of Hamburg and Berlin.
- Georg-August University of Göttingen
- Queensland University of Technology (Brisbane / Australia)
- Hamburg, Cologne, Higher Regional Court Celle.
- Working in a national law firm in the fields of intellectual property and IT law.
- Lecturer for IT Law and Intellectual Property Law at the “Cyber Law Clinic” of the University of Hamburg
Specialist lawyer training
- Successful participation in the specialist lawyer course of intellectual property.
- Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg
- Cyber Law Clinic of the University of Hamburg
- Hamburg Bar Association
- German Bar Association
- “Resale of designer furniture” The copyright protection of creatively designed objects, GRIN Verlag.
- And middle class and economy